Aged Veterans Floating Support - Alabare Hampshire Veterans
Salary: £9.30 to £9.69 hour
Based in: Gosport, Hampshire
Posted On: 10th August 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We require a part time Aged Veterans Floating Support Worker to work 3 days per week with our Veterans Project based Gosport but covering the Portsmouth area.
The Aged Veterans Funding programme will be delivered in partnership with The Royal British Legion and aims to raise awareness of the issues veterans face later in life.
The service will seek to engage older veterans and provide tailored support to help older ex-forces personnel lead fuller and more independent lives.
The focus will be to identify gaps in provision for older veterans and facilitate the development of new activities to achieve the prevention of homelessness and to create a clear pathway of support to transition aged veterans referred to the service to sustain independent living. You will be responsible for producing reports on positive outcomes taking into account, emotional, physical, mental and social health and well-being.
This position calls for a flexible approach as you may need to occasionally work unsociable hours, you should have a calm and unflappable nature, be approachable and resilient, with a sense of humour. It is important to show empathy to our Service Users.
Salary £10,881 - £11,337 based on 22.5 hours at £9.30 rising to £9.69 per hour after 6 months. A requirement of this post is that you hold a full driving licence and have use of a road-worthy vehicle.
Closing date is Friday 25th August 2017.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- To directly provide support for veterans so they may work toward maximising their independence.
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the well being of service users, all other staff and volunteers
- Collate information as required to enable accurate reporting on performance against internal/external targets and outcomes
- Ensure veterans are fully involved at all levels in the running of the project
- To assist in developing and implementing the Floating Support Service for Aged Veterans in Hampshire.
- To link veterans into social inclusion opportunities
- Identify gaps in provision for older veterans and facilitate the development of new activities
- To enable families and carers of veterans to access appropriate support
- To support local events and activities of particular interest to veterans.
- To support campaigns and awareness events to promote the work of the project
- To promote and market the veterans service to key stakeholders including building new relationships with other agencies.
Support Worker | Supported Housing | Veterans | Transition | Floating | Events Support |
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent and/or relevant work experience of providing support to people experiencing difficulties sustaining their present accommodation and remaining independent in the community
- An understanding and awareness of the needs of people who are experiencing difficulties in sustaining their homes and living independently in the community
- Experience of conducting risk assessments and support planning to meet the needs of individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Understanding of housing law
- Experience of multi-agency working and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative
- Ability to engage with Veterans who have complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Ability to be a good team player
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and crisis manage
- Have good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with service users, team members and external agencies
- Commitment to the empowerment of vulnerable people
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, excellent service delivery
- Specific qualification related to housing such as CIH Cert
- Experience of launching a new service; including promotion and networking with other agencies and potential referrers
- Understanding and appreciation of older people, their issues and their diverse needs
- Experience of delivering a floating support service
- Understanding of the needs experienced by veterans of the armed forces.
- Understanding of Health and Safety and Data Protection issues
- Experience of using Outcome Star
- Experience of working objectively with veterans who have past and present addictions to alcohol or drugs illicit/prescribed
- Experience of working objectively with clients who have mental health issues
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.