Care Support Worker
Salary: £8.45 to £8.72 hour
Based in: Salisbury
Posted On: 10th August 2017
Additional Package Info: Mileage paid at 40p per mile
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are looking for a dedicated Care Support Worker that can work as part of team, provide service users with appropriate support to maximise their independence. Full Time hours are available with a salary of £16,477 to £17,004 PA. Sleepovers are paid at a rate of £38.00 per night. We are also looking for relief hours which are paid between £8.45 and £8.72 per hour.
All applicants are required to be flexible, working on a shift rota pattern including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Closing date is Friday 29th September 2017
Care Support Worker Main Responsibilities:
- Support/care directed by a specific funded support agreement, which has been assessed by social care managers, client and their families.
- To manage your own case load of service users and be active in the planning and implementation of care in conjunction with and supported by Support Co-ordinator.
- To provide practical support to management, including specific areas of administration and record keeping, relating to the statutory requirements.
- To support clients in their life choices, including day opportunities, leisure activities and provide support to participate in activities.
- To assist with practical social care tasks in the home, menu planning, cooking, shopping and budgeting, money management, benefit claims and accommodation sustainment.
- To support and assist, where necessary, in the provision of a client’s personal care needs and prompting of medication, support maintenance of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- To support service users to attend appointments.
- May be required to support client/s on holidays.
- You will be responsible for following the agreed support/activity plan/programme and conducting reviews.
- To complete all required paper work.
- To provide support and assist in training Care Support Workers.
- To ensure that the residents are treated with respect and that their dignity is maintained at all times.
- Promote and support residents to maintain relationships outside of the home with residents’ families, friends and within the local community.
- Prompting of any medication following guidelines.
- To take an active role in Staff/Clients meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of Clients, staff and ACC&S as an organisation at all times.
- To be committed to personal development through appropriate training. For example, statutory requirements and NVQ accreditation or equivalent.
- To attend regular individual personal support and supervision sessions, appraisals and be responsible to the line managers.
- To maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- Work as part of the flexible 7 day week rota, including weekends, bank holidays. To cover sleepovers when required
- To adopt a flexible and willing approach to any further duties not listed, that may be considered reasonable within the general area of activity.
- To work collaboratively with other agencies and services where appropriate
- Work at all times to maintain policies and procedure with regard to confidentiality, equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and health and safety.
- Cover for other members of the team, as requested by your Line Manager.
Support Worker | Care Worker | Key Worker | Housing Support | Domiciliary Care
- Understanding and knowledge of adults with learning difficulties;
- Good Knowledge of preparing Risk Assessments and Care plans;
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota, to include some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and sleep-ins;
- Keen and self-motivated attitude;
- Ability to support the Homes manager and team, to ensure maintenance records required by government legislation are upheld and in date, e.g. fire records, health and safety, COSHH, medication and clients files;
- Able to use own initiative;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Encourage the clients to work towards achieving their goals;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work as part of a small staff team;
- Good time keeping required;
- Car Driver and use of own car.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.