Charity Shop Manager
Salary: £16,848 to £17,355 per annum
Based in: Totton
Posted On: 5th April 2017
Additional Package Info: Bonus Related Performance
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We’re lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We require a full time 37.5 hours per week Charity Shop Manager for our 2 Shops in Totton. You will be required to manage our Charity shops, in line with agreed policies and procedures in order to maximise income.
You will accept donated goods, select saleable items and price them to benefit the charity.
You will be required to recruit, maintain and manage a team of volunteers, as well as oversee the shop in regards to health and safety, training issues and shop security.
Closing date is Tuesday 18th April 2017.
Lead a team of volunteers in the shop. Make sure that the public image of the charity is reflected in the underlying style at the shop. Realise commercial challenges and expectations for the shop. Undertake volunteer recruitment and interviews. Promote the vision of the Charity, maximise sales and maintain high levels of customer service.
To ensure that donated goods are carefully checked. If there are items that appear to be of value and require expert knowledge, to reserve until advice has been sought. Ensure that goods do not contravene Trading Standards e.g. fire regulations in regards to furniture etc. To price in accordance with the general guidelines and relevant experience. To be responsible for security issues, including the avoidance of shoplifting. Oversee the training of volunteers to maximise their skills in pricing, presentation, customer relations and cash handling. Offer thoughts on how to improve performance of the shop.
- The Shop Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the shop, which includes the cash register and contents, arranging staff rotas managing, sorting and merchandising of stock.
- The cleanliness of all areas of the shop is the responsibility of the Manager.
- At all times adhere to relevant legislation, good practice and policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Confidentiality and Equal Opportunities.
- To participate in the development of new volunteers. Working within boundaries.
- To keep up to date with current practice and legislation.
- To maintain and extend personal knowledge and expertise in all aspects of the role and to share information.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required.
- Attend regular individual personal support, supervision sessions, and appraisals.
- Hold regular meetings.
- Be committed to personal development through training.
- Attend relevant external meetings as requested by your Line Manager.
- Work at all times to maintain policies with regard to confidentiality, equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and health and safety.
- Cover for other shop managers when necessary.
- Foster the Mission, Vision, Values and Christian ethos of the charity in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- To be able to get along with others.
- To be able to function as a team player.
- To be able to accept constructive feedback from your Line Manager.
- To be able to follow work rules.
- To be able to be positive about the Charity at all times. To carry out any other duties necessary to the smooth running of the shop.
- Although initially based at one location, the Manager will be required to cover for colleagues in other locations and may be required to move location as the Charity deems necessary.
Store Manager | Shop Manager | Charity | Charity Shop | Manager | Retail Manager | Branch Manager
- Line Management/ Supervision
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Gift Aid knowledge
- Retail experience
- Experience of Volunteers
- Motivational skills.
Candidates need to be physically robust and able to carry out lifting and movement of goods. The successful candidate will be required to attend manual handling training and other health and safety training on an annual basis for safety purposes. Bringing an energetic and engaging personality will have a positive impact on the shop, both in terms of team morale and financial performance. Honesty and integrity are key attributes.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.