Community Engagement Officer
Salary: £19,500 to £20,319 per annum
Based in: Salisbury
Posted On: 16th May 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Community Engagement Officer based in Salisbury (extensive travel in Wiltshire & West Hampshire) to maximise charitable income through a range of existing community engagement and fundraising activities, as well as through the development and delivery of new initiatives, including the recruitment of fundraising volunteers and groups.
You will be required to work with Fundraising, Marketing and Operations colleagues to develop and deliver an innovative community engagement programme that will engage with diverse audiences, develop Alabaré’s connection within local communities and generate income to support local work.
To profile communities in which we deliver a service. This will involve research, fieldwork, and establishing good working relationships within targeted communities.
This is a full time position with an annual salary of £19,500 rising to £20,319 after 6 months’ probation. Alabaré staff receive a generous 24 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays per year, annual leave increases with service.
It is essential that applicants hold a full driving licence and have a road worthy vehicle.
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 31st May 2017, interview date to be confirmed.
Apply today and you could be on your way to joining one of our fantastic teams at Alabaré!
Job Description - For a full copy please see attachment
Community Engagement Officer | Engagement Office | Public Relations | PR | Community Engagement | Charity | Not For Profit
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising and community engagement principles, methods and procedures
- Experience in the enablement and development of ‘in aid of’ and ‘on behalf of’ volunteer led fundraising.’
- Awareness of how to motivate and support volunteers, supporters etc
- Knowledge of fundraising operational procedures (eg. Health & Safety, financial, volunteer etc)
- Experience of working in a fundraising team
- Experience of Community Fundraising
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with people
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
- Ability to network and develop relationships with supporters at all levels
- Basic awareness of PR
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and balance competing demands
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Car owner/driver/must have use of a car
- Willing to work unsocial hours
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Able to plan and organise activities and campaigns including marketing/PR
- Sound information gathering and analytical skills
- Understanding of different supporter/volunteer needs and methods of relationship building
- In-depth knowledge of marketing, PR etc principles
- Supporting and coaching people
- Has managed and income and expenditure budget
- Has delivered presentations
About Our Company:
Alabare Christian Care & Support provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.