Housing Support Worker
Salary: £16,477 to £17,004 per annum
Based in: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Posted On: 26th April 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We’re lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for experienced Housing Support Workers to work 37.5 hours per week to provide support to clients with diverse and complex needs. The successful candidates will possess excellent organisational skills and understand the importance of structured support planning and up to date paperwork, including identifying risks.
Together with the above, you must be a proactive individual, with plenty of energy and motivation to ensure clients are provided with first class support.
You will be required to work as part of a 7 day rota, including evenings and weekends. Hourly rate £8.45. Sleepovers are paid at a rate of £38.00 per night.
Closing date 12th May 2017, interview date to be confirmed.
- Work as part of a team (responsible to your Line Manager) for the well-being of service users
- Provide service users with appropriate support so they may work toward maximising their independence
- Work in accordance with the objectives of the charity, its policies and procedures at all times
- To carry out the client referral and interview process
- To carry out the regular assessment of service user needs and risk assessment
- To implement and monitor client support plans
- To ensure that service users are made aware of and understand their rights and responsibilities in relation to the scheme and/or their tenancy agreement
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies, colleges, day services, training providers and employers on behalf of service users as appropriate
- To assist service users in having the opportunity to voice their views and be involved in the management of service delivery
- To maintain service user confidentiality within the policies and procedures laid down for the service
- To ensure service users are treated with respect and their dignity is maintained at all times
- To maintain appropriate professional boundaries at all times
- To maintain all necessary records in accordance with service policy
- To maintain timesheets, expense records etc. in accordance with appropriate policy and procedures
- To work with and support service users to ensure all appropriate Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to in accordance with policy
- To attend regular staff team meetings
- To be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation or equivalent
- To attend relevant external meetings, training, conferences and workshops as requested.
Housing Support Worker | Support Worker | Key Worker | Supported Housing | Charity | Not for Profit
- Experience of working in supported housing, or a related field
- Experience of working unsupervised, and on your own initiative
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Basic IT skills
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
- Experience of accurately maintaining a petty cash system
- Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.