Housing Support Workers Required
Salary: £8.45 to £8.72 hour
Based in: North Wiltshire
Posted On: 11th August 2017
Additional Package Info: Mileage 40p per mile
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We’re lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons, who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are looking to recruit 2 Part Time Housing Support Workers to work 20 hours per week, to provide support and advice around accommodation, basic life skills, welfare benefits, health and personal issues: all allowing service users to work towards independent living.
You will be based in Oak House, however you will be asked to work at other services within the Wiltshire Young People Leaving Care Services. The hourly rate is £8.45, rising to £8.72 after a successful probation review. You must be able to work unsociable hours, 1 sleepover a week is mandatory with these posts. 10% enhancement is paid for unsociable waking hours from 11pm to 7am
All applicants are required to be a car driver with access to a reliable motor vehicle, with Business Insurance.
Closing Date Tuesday 29th August 2017.
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the wellbeing of service users.
- Provide service users with practical assistance, advice, advocacy and support in order that they might develop their skills and work toward maximising their independence.
- To hold regular innovative activities by enabling a user led approach to managing the project.
- To be proactive in building positive relationship with service users. To help create a “User led” project.
- To work in accordance with the objectives of Alabaré Christian Care Centres, its policy and procedures at all times.
Housing Support Worker | Support Worker | Supported Housing | Youth Worker | Supported Living
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- Educated to level NVQ 3 or above
- Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills including ability to write reports
- Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Competent IT Skills Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota to include evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins
- Be flexible and able to move within houses as necessary
- To currently hold or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation
- Hold current driving licence and have access to reliable car
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.