Marketing & Fundraising Team Administrator
Salary: £8.45 to £8.72 hour
Based in: Salisbury
Posted On: 11th August 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabaré are recruiting for a Marketing & Fundraising Team Administrator to provide day to day support to the fundraising and marketing teams with the processing of income received. This will include donations received in response to Appeals and Gift Aid to be claimed. In addition the post holder will provide administrative support at meetings, campaigns, events and on specific projects. The post holder will assist the delivery of the Marketing & Fundraising Strategy
The hours are 30 per week, job share will be considered. Hourly rate of £8.45 rising to £8.72 after a successful probation period. Closing Date 11th September 2017.
Marketing & Fundraising Team Administrator - Main Duties:
- To acknowledge all donations received and respond to external fundraising or marketing queries
- To ensure that the receipt of all fundraising income is processed promptly
- To process income and reports from events and on-line giving sources
- To ensure all donation forms, gift aid declarations and standing order mandates are up-to-date and comply with current HMRC guidelines and requirements
- To work closely with Finance Department to ensure all income codes are up-to-date and entered accurately on the department database
- To carry out monthly reconciliations of donations with Finance Department
- To produce regular database reports for Finance Department and Marketing & Fundraising Teams. To produce additional database reports as required
- To update the annual income spreadsheet regularly, check for errors and supply income analysis reports for the Finance Department and Income Generation Director as required
- To ensure that all correspondence and gift aid declarations are scanned and saved to the database. To maintain department filing systems
- To be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the department database, ensuring that all data is up-to-date and archived when required
- To provide training and support to other Alabaré staff using the Fundraising database
- To ensure contact records on our database are maintained and adhere to new Data Protection (GDPR) requirements
- To update/create contact information on our database promptly when we receive subscriptions and unsubscriptions for our mailings.
Marketing | Fundraising | Administrator | Admin | Finance | Donations | Charity | Database
- Numerate with the ability to keep accurate financial records and audits
- Keyboard skills and the ability to undertake accurate data entry work on a database and spreadsheets.
- Methodical and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to use own initiative when carrying out duties
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work proactively as a member of a varied team
- Good educational background - to GCSE ‘O’ Level or equivalent, preferably to include Maths, or a subject that demonstrates numeracy
- Knowledge of fundraising/marketing would be an advantage
- Desirable – Microsoft Excel qualification to City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.