Part Time Receptionist
Salary: £8.45 to £8.72 hour
Based in: Salisbury
Posted On: 28th September 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees, and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are recruiting for a Part Time Receptionist to be the face and voice of Alabaré. If you are an organised person, smart, friendly and approachable with an excellent telephone manner then this could be the job for you!
This post will be based at our Central Service office in Churchfields, Salisbury. The hours are 9-1.30pm Monday to Friday, 22.5 hours per week. The hourly rate is £8.45 rising to £8.72 after a successful 6 month probation period.
The closing date for this post is Thursday 26th October 2017.
Please see attached a full Job Description for this post.
Why work for Alabaré?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of Alabaré. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years’ service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive Induction Training
- Access to award-winning training and development – My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- A choice of 2 Pension contributions Schemes; NEST or Alabaré (Friends Life) Alabaré will contribute 6% of your salary and you 3%
- Tax-free childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer
- Free Parking
Receptionist | Administrator | Filing | Multi-Tasking | Customer Service | Front Desk | Patience | Admin | Secretarial | Microsoft | Organisational Skills | Friendly
- Ability to deal calmly and professionally with callers, whatever state they are in, and patiently with those with learning disabilities
- Proven ability in multi-tasking, with good organisational abilities
- Be confident in using office equipment, able to cope with basic maintenance of photocopiers, facsimile and franking machines
- Experience of building relationships at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of Alabaré Christian Care & Support
Experience – Desirable:
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Direct experience of working with a charity or the voluntary sector
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including confident telephone manner
- Good written communication skills
Administration skills, computer skills:
- Good listening skills
- Team Player
- Able to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Approachable and sympathetic
- Calm and unflappable
- Willingness to learn and to be trained on the job
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks, and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.