Senior Housing Support Worker
Salary: £9.30 to £9.69 hour
Based in: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Posted On: 10th August 2017
Additional Package Info: Mileage 40p per mile
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We’re lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons, who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are looking to recruit a Senior Housing Support Worker to work 20 hours per week during core hours of Monday - Friday 9-5. Hourly rate £9.30, rising to £9.69 after successful probation review. You will be based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve assisting the Service Manager to supervise staff team, develop innovative and effective practice, service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring as set out in the supporting people directives. The post is a countywide post.
- As part of the management team, to supervise the routine daily duties of the project.
- To carry out and support key-working staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of support
- To carry out and support key-working staff in the referral and eviction processes
- Ensure the ongoing training and development of housing support workers
- Supervise the exclusion of service users when appropriate ensuring the safety of staff
- Ensure that Support Plans are carried out with service users by key workers and that contact is maintained to ensure the regular supportive needs of service users are met in line with the supporting people directives
All applicants are required to be a car driver with access to a reliable motor vehicle, with Business Insurance.
Closing Date Friday 31st August 2017.
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Housing Support Worker | Support Worker | Supported Housing | Youth Worker | Senior
- Experience of working in the Supported Housing Sector
- Experience of working with young people in the Care System
- Experience of the key working system
- Knowledge of supervising staff
- Experience of managing own professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Competent Computer Skills
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
- Numerate and have experience of operating a petty cash system
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota, when needed, to include some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays or on-call duties.
- To hold a relevant qualification minimum Level 3 or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation or equivalent
- A car driver with a full current driving licence and access to a reliable care is essential
- Knowledge and an understanding of the voluntary sector
- Experience of working objectively with clients who may have a past or present addiction to alcohol or drugs illicit/prescribed
- Experience of working objectively with clients who have mental health related issues
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.