Veterans Care & Support Manager
Salary: £32,662 to £34,203 per annum
Based in: Salisbury
Posted On: 7th August 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Veterans Care & Support Manager. The post holder will be responsible for the day to day operational management and service delivery of care, support and housing to vulnerable and marginalised veterans in a number of homes and services across England and Wales. The post holder will have a clear focus upon improving quality, within financial constraints, and meeting and exceeding appropriate national and local quality standards. This includes directly managing the Managers, Support Coordinators and or Team Leaders for a number of homes and services.
As a Veterans Care & Support Manager, you will also be a change agent for the transformation of our service. This will include active collaboration in the development, leadership and implementation of the supporting operational strategies for veterans homes and services.
This is a full time position with an annual salary of £32,662 rising to £34,203 after 6 months’ probation. Alabaré staff receive a generous 24 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays per year, annual leave increases with service.
It is essential that applicants hold a full driving licence and have a road worthy vehicle.
The closing date for this post is Friday 25th August 2017, interview date to be confirmed.
Apply today and you could be on your way to joining one of our fantastic teams at Alabaré!
A full job spec will be issued upon application.
Veterans Care | Support Manager | Care Manager | Housing Manager | Care | Supported Living | Housing | Supported Housing | Networking
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent) or relevant Management, Housing, Health or Social Care professional qualification, or can demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Working knowledge and practical application of the legislative and regulatory framework of the supported housing and social care sector
- Experience of managing financial budgets
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others, generate innovative ideas and lead multi-disciplinary groups
- Proven knowledge and experience of:
- The needs of vulnerable and marginalised people and appropriate services to meet those needs, and of the client groups and types of services the post has responsibility for
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to housing and support services
- Proven record in delivering high performing services and championing continuous improvement, and developing and maintaining effective relationships within the sector to achieve results
- Project management, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, pro-active networking skills and IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Inclusive team player, performance driven and able to take a charity wide approach
- Flexible thinker, self-sufficient, confident, organised and able to work productively in a high pressure environment
- To reflect and foster the Christian values of the Charity through commitment to organisational aims and values
- Positive attitude to self-development
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing
- Post graduate qualification in social care, housing or related field
- Report writing and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Knowledge of government agenda for housing and care
- Proven competence in resourcing strategies and workforce development
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and across agencies, involving partners in the successful delivery of services
- Access to own vehicle OR can demonstrate mobility to carry out the functions of the role
- Ability to analyse and present complex issues
- Able to work across boundaries
About Our Company:
Alabare Christian Care & Support provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.