Veterans Housing Support Worker
Salary: £8.45 to £8.72 hour
Based in: Wales
Posted On: 14th August 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We’re lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We require a Part Time Housing Support Worker to work with our Veterans Project in Merthyr Tydfil.
This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve assisting the Team Leader to develop innovative and effective practice, relating to service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring as required internally and by the funders, to support veterans to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
18.5 hours a week, which will include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. There is also a requirement to participate in the On-Call rota, which is paid at a rate £50 per 7 days covered.
Closing date is Thursday 31st August 2017.
Key performance objectives:-
- To directly provide support for veterans, so they may work toward maximising their independence.
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the well-being of service users, all other staff and volunteers.
- Collate information as required, to enable accurate reporting on performance against internal/external targets and outcomes.
- Ensure veterans are fully involved at all levels in the running of the project.
- To take an active role in delivering the routine daily duties of the project.
- To carry out person centred key-working, especially need/risk assessment and goal orientated support planning.
- To carry out the referral and eviction processes.
- To be committed to keeping abreast of the requirements of relevant initiatives, including those relevant to veterans.
- Ensure that veterans are in receipt of appropriate benefits and access all statutory and charitable support.
- Ensure rent payments are kept up to date and accurately reported to veterans, your manager and the Finance department and the rent arrears procedure is followed.
- Ensure all financial procedures are adhered to.
- Encourage local fundraising.
- To assist in the monitoring and assessment of service delivery.
- To assist the Manager in ensuring that the project meets all requirements in line with current legislation.
- To assist in reviewing and updating Policies and Procedures to ensure continuous development and improvement.
- Work closely with your Line Manager to refer residents to outside agencies as appropriate to their needs, working closely with those agencies in line with best practice.
- To take responsibility for ensuring one continues to remain up-to-date with best practice and undertake any additional training as required.
Health and Safety
- Ensure active compliance with Health and Safety, Fire and other statutory legislation.
- To support the Mission, Vision, Values and Christian ethos of in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- We reserve the right to ask you from time to time to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- To adhere to the list of general duties contained within the staff handbook.
Housing Support Worker | Key Worker | Supported Housing | Key Working | Support Worker
- Car Driver with access to a road worthy vehicle
- Experience of working in the supported housing sector
- Experience of the key working system
- Knowledge of supervising staff
- Experience of managing own professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and related issues
- Experience of working effectively with petty cash and financial procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative
- Organised and able to manage time and prioritise workloads
- Ability to engage with Veterans who have complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Basic admin and IT skills, including word processing and the ability to input information into a database
- Ability to be a good team player
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and crisis manage
- Have good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with service users, team members and external agencies.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.