This policy explains:
- What information we collect during the application process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect:
This policy covers the information you share with us during the application process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education or other information you provide to us in support of an application.
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you applied for the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable) , including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to the hiring organisation or via Smart Recruit Online.
How we use the information we collect:
Your information will be used by Smart Recruit Online and the hiring organisation for the purposes of carrying out the application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against all relevant career opportunities.
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities via our ‘smart-match’ feature.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests;
- We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If you are offered and accept employment with the hiring organisation, the information collected during the application and recruitment process may become part of your future employment record and be migrated across to the new employer’s own internal HR Systems.
- Employers may seek your permission to conduct reference and/or background checks via the Smart Recruit Online system and this information will subsequently be processed and stored securely within your application records.
Who may have access to your information:
- Employees and contractors of Smart Recruit Online.
- Employees and contractors of the hiring organisation.
- Smart Recruit Online subscribers to our ‘Smart-Match Feature (Resume access only).
- Smart Recruit Online and the hiring organisation both take appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
- It is your own responsibility to obtain consent from external referees before providing their personal information.
Updating your information:
Should you wish to update your information, change your watchdogs, instigate your right to erasure, or see what information is held about yourself, you can access the Smart Recruit Online Candidate Portal here.
When you originally applied for a role through the Smart Recruit Online system, you will have received an email with your username and password. If you have any problems accessing your portal please request a password reset, or email email@example.com and we will be pleased to assist you.
Changes to this Policy:
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy in the Candidate Portal.