Housing Support Worker - Alabare Salisbury
Salary: £8 hour
Based in: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Posted On: 28th February 2017
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabare require a Housing Support Worker to work 25 hours per week at Barnabas House in Salisbury. You are required to work as part of a 7 day rota, including evenings and weekends. The hourly rate is £8.35 - £8.72. Sleepovers are also a condition of this role, they are paid at a rate of £38.00 per night.
You will be required to provide support to clients with diverse and complex needs. The successful candidate will possess excellent organisational skills and understand the importance of structured support planning and up to date paperwork, including identifying risks.
Together with the above, you must be a proactive individual, with plenty of energy and motivation to ensure clients are provided with first class support.
This post is open to women only, due to an occupational requirement.
Closing date Friday 17th March.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a team, being responsible to your Line Manager for the well-being of service users.
- Provide service users with appropriate support, so they may work toward maximising their independence.
- Work in accordance with the objectives of the charity, its policies and procedures at all times.
- To carry out the client referral and interview process.
- To carry out the regular assessment of service user needs and risk assessment.
- To implement and monitor client support plans.
- To ensure that service users are made aware of and understand their rights and responsibilities in relation to the scheme and/or their tenancy agreement.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies, colleges, day services, training providers and employers on behalf of service users as appropriate.
- To assist service users in having the opportunity to voice their views and be involved in the management of service delivery.
- To maintain service user confidentiality within the policies and procedures laid down for the service.
- To ensure service users are treated with respect and their dignity is maintained at all times.
- To maintain appropriate professional boundaries at all times.
- To maintain all necessary records in accordance with service policy.
- To maintain timesheets, expense records etc. in accordance with appropriate policy and procedures.
- To work with and support service users to ensure all appropriate Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to in accordance with policy.
- To attend regular staff team meetings.
- To be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation or equivalent.
- To attend relevant external meetings, training, conferences and workshops as requested.
- To carry out a sleepover at least once monthly.
Housing Support Worker | Key Worker | Supported Housing | Key Working | Support Worker
- Experience of working in supported housing or a related field
- Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Basic IT Skills
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
- Experience of accurately maintaining a petty cash system
- Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be subject an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Smart Recruit Online LTD we respect your right to privacy protection and are constantly refining our data protection policies, ultimately to protect data that you share with us.
Based on these principles, information we collect when receiving your job application is only used for the intention of presenting your information to the relevant employer looking to make a hire.
We may also reach out to you about other suitable job opportunities that our clients are actively hiring for, if we think you would be a good fit.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.