As this Data Protection Policy governs our processing of all personal data provided to us via the Smart Recruit Online website, you are asked to please read it carefully. If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Smart Recruit Online is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care. We take our responsibilities in respect of your Personal Data extremely seriously.
We will also disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law, by order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
We are required by law to hold your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such data subject requests may be subject to our prescribed fee.
If we have no contact with you then following the expiry of a reasonable period as we consider appropriate we will archive for file or may delete it.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by us or our Internet Service Provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
We also collect information about the way job seekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this way in a way that any individual can be identified and only use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc., for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes.
We will from time to time send you commercial communications or contact you for direct marketing purposes relating to Smart Recruit Online and for other members of the Smart Recruit Online family. You will be able to manage these communications in line with the 2003 Privacy and Electronic Communications EC. Directive and unsubscribe at any time.
We will also contact you where required for the proper performance of our obligations.
This policy explains:
- What information we collect during the application process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect:
This policy covers the information you share with us during the application process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education or other information you provide to us in support of an application.
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you applied for the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable) , including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to the hiring organisation.
How we use the information we collect:
Your information will be used by Smart Recruit Online and the hiring organisation for the purposes of carrying out the application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If you are offered and accept employment with the hiring organisation, the information collected during the application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information:
- Employees and contractors of Smart Recruit Online.
- Employees and contractors of the hiring organisation.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information.
- Smart Recruit Online and the hiring organisation both take appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Updating your information:
Should you wish to update your information, instigate your right to erasure or see what information is held about yourself, you can access the Smart Recruit Online Candidate Portal.
When you originally applied for a role through the Smart Recruit Online system, you will have received an email with your username and password.
If you have any problems please email email@example.com and we will be pleased to assist you.
Changes to this Policy:
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy in the Candidate Portal.