The 8 Most Common Challenges Facing UK In-House Recruiters By Mark Stephens
In the last 18 months, we have surveyed hiring managers and recruiters from over 2000 companies in the UK – Asking each of them to highlight their biggest recruitment pains and challenges.
….And the results are in!
According to you the in-house recruiter community
(1= the most common challenge)
1. Struggle to fill certain roles (i.e. – skills shortages / Competition / Geography etc).
2. Not enough quality applications
3. Pressure to reduce recruitment costs (mostly around agency spend)
4. Recruitment/HR system not effective / Not fit for purpose (Usually ATS or HR recruitment plugins / modules)
5. No recruitment system / No defined or Common processes
6.Time pressures (Too much admin time / too many unsuitable applicants etc)
7. Budget constraints / not able to offer competitive salaries / No media budget
8. Attrition levels too high / People leaving in the first year of employment.
If you can relate to the challenges raised above, you might be interested to hear that we’re re-running a set of 4 powerful key-topic webinars, aiming to tackle some of these issues.
– Insights into where to source the best applicants from
– How to take advantage of free advertising channels and aggregation services
– How to use social media more effectively when sourcing
– How to write content that inspires candidates to apply
– Examples of great adverts that work
– How to use keyword density and optimisation to enhance your job advert
– How to ensure you create a job advert and not a job spec
– Key reasons why job adverts don’t get found by candidates
– Why candidates don’t hit the apply button
– Why candidates lose interest during the recruitment process
– Tools and services that will actually help you get better value for money from your advertising budget
– How technology can dramatically reduce wasted time in the recruitment process
-How different technologies can work together to create best in class solution
Join Mark Stephens and Tony Restell for this insightful series of non-advertorial webinars on some of the industry’s hottest topics.
Smart Recruit Online offers a low cost multi-award winning online recruitment service with a 98% independent customer satisfaction rating and the highest direct-hire fill rate in the UK.
To book a demo with us and learn more about how our technology can transform your recruiting process, click here.
In this article we explore how HR can contribute to an innovative workplace culture.
Read our guide to what wording to use in your job adverts, and how to avoid using discriminative language.